Primo GX2 is an in-furrow, multi-action granular inoculant that brings more Nitrogen to peas, lentils, soybeans, peanuts, and other plants. This peat inoculant performs well in harsh planting conditions and helps strengthen water and nutrient uptake for maximum yields. By combining high levels of Nitrogen-fixing rhizobia with a biological growth enhancement liquid, Primo GX2 granular inoculant works to improve overall plant health.
The pulse inoculant formulation maximizes the effectiveness of the rhizobia, boosting plant health from the start and enabling the seed to reach its full genetic potential to maximize yield. Primo GX2 granular peat inoculant leads to increased seedling vigor, improved stand count, enlarged root mass development, and additional modulation.
What Is Granular Inoculation?
Granular inoculation is a method of applying inoculants to soil using a granular carrier material. The carrier material is typically made from a porous substance such as peat which is impregnated with the beneficial microorganisms that make up Primo GX2.
The granular inoculant is then applied to the soil using a seeder or air drill. Primo GX2’s carrier material helps to protect the microorganisms from harsh environmental conditions, such as heat and moisture, allowing the microorganisms to establish themselves in the soil. Granular inoculation is commonly used in agriculture as a nitrogen-fixing inoculant for peas, chickpeas, beans, peanuts and others to improve soil health and plant growth.
Granular Inoculant Benefits
Increases seedling vigor during early growth stages
- Granular inoculant for peas, lentils & chickpeas can improve the early growth stages of plants by providing them with the necessary nitrogen for healthy growth. This can lead to stronger and more resilient seedlings that are better equipped to withstand environmental stressors and pests.
Improves stand count for quicker canopy development and increased yield potential
- Granular inoculants can improve the stand count of plants, which refers to the number of plants per unit area. This can lead to quicker canopy development and increased yield potential, as more plants are available to absorb nutrients and sunlight.
Enlarges root mass development, leading to improved water and nutrient uptake
- Granular inoculants can lead to the development of larger root masses, which can improve water and nutrient uptake by the plants. Verdesian’s granular inoculant Primo GX2 also includes Azospirillum, a well-studied microbe known for creating significant root proliferation. This can lead to improved plant health and yield potential.
Generates additional nodulation for improved Nitrogen uptake to increase the potential number of pegs and pods that are set
- Granular inoculants provide a fresh supply of rhizobia that can generate additional nodulation in legume plants, which refers to the formation of nodules on the roots. These nodules contain beneficial bacteria, rhizobia, that help the plant to fix nitrogen from the atmosphere. Improved nitrogen uptake can lead to increased yield potential, as nitrogen is a crucial component of plant growth and development.
Frequently Asked Questions
Primo GX2 is available for peas, vetch, lentils, chickpeas, garbanzo beans, soybeans, and peanuts. Please see the table below to find the right SKU for you.
|Primo GX2 for Pea, Vetch, Lentil, Chickpea/Garbonzo||20002324000 (40 lbs)
20002326000 (520 lbs)
|Primo GX2 for Soybean||20003141000 (40lbs)
|Primo GX2 for Peanut||20002359000 (40lbs)|
|Primo GX2 for Pea, Vetch, Lentil, Chickpea/Garbonzo||20006109000 (40 lbs)
20006110000 (520 lbs)
|Primo GX2 for Soybean||20002961000 (40lbs)
|Primo GX2 for Peanut||N/A (not available in Canada)|
Looking for more information on our family of Primo products?
- Primo Power CL is a higher concentration liquid, in-furrow peanut inoculant
- Primo R1 is a super concentrated soybean inoculant
See the performance
Get Your Soybean Yields Where You Want Them To Be With An Inoculant
An Inoculant Can Maximize Your Peanut Bottom Line
Primo GX2 Verdesian Life Sciences Courses
Get in Touch with a Primo GX2 Expert