Good Afternoon Verdesian Partners,
We are facing unprecedented times. I want to update everyone on the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, partners, and communities through supporting recommendations from public health officials. As you are aware, this is a fluid situation and we are monitoring and updating our guidance accordingly. As we navigate our response to this global pandemic, we want to assure you that the safety of our team members and partners is our greatest concern.
As our key partners, suppliers, and customers we want to inform you of our updated policies.
Effective March 17th we have incorporated the following company policies:
- Ban All Public Travel: Effective immediately all Verdesian employees will eliminate air travel, train travel, or public transit required for work-related activities. We strongly encourage our employees to eliminate public travel in their private lives as well. Travel in personal and company vehicles is still permitted. All company-sponsored events and meetings should be made virtual or postponed indefinitely.
- Self-Quarantine and Sick Policy: If Verdesian employees are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 we are asking them to please not come to work. If they are exposed to infected individuals or meet the mandatory self-quarantine criteria (e.g. international travel since March 14th), we are requiring that they remain at home for 14 days.
- No Visitors to our Facilities:
Effective immediately we are restricting outside visitors to our facilities and offices. Our manufacturing locations will continue to operate with shipping and receiving and essential service providers. Please ensure all scheduled meetings, plant tours, or events with outside visitors are transitioned to virtual or are postponed indefinitely.
- Encourage Remote Work Where Possible: We are encouraging employees that can work remotely to do so.
- Social Distancing When Working Together:
When it is required to work in-person we are asking all employees to practice social distancing and good hygiene to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus. If meetings are scheduled in-person, they should not exceed 10 people and ensure public health guidelines for social distancing are being followed.
- Supply Chain Disruption Mitigation Efforts: We are working very closely with our suppliers to ensure product supply during this time. We will continue to adapt our supply chain strategy to manage evolving national and local government policies to maintain flow of raw materials to our plants and finished goods to our customers.
As our partners, we thank you for your continued patience during this turbulent time. We recognize the anxiety and demands placed upon you and your family. We are committed to helping you and teams not just survive this pandemic, but to emerge stronger and better prepared to realize our joint goal to enable a sustainable future for farmers through Nutrient Use Efficiency.
Chief Executive Officer